A Hello?
您好。
B Hello, is that Miss Smith?
您好,请问您是史密斯小姐吗?
A Yes.
是的。
B This is Mr.Gao. How are you?
我是高先生,你好吗?
A Not too bad, thanks. And you?
还不错.谢谢,你呢?
B Fine. Listen. Are you free on Wednesday night? I'd like to invite you to dinner.
很好。你星期三晚上有空吗?我想邀请你吃晚餐。
A I'm terribly sorry, but I've already made arrangements for Wednesday.
真对不起,我星期三已经有安排了。
B That's a pity. How about Thursday?
真遗憾,那星期四怎么样?
AThat would be fine.
好吧。
B Great. What time would you like to meet?
太好了!你认为几点见面好呢?
A Whenever is suitable for you. I have no plans for that day.
你看什么时间合适,我几点都可以。我那天没什么安排。
B OK, let's say 6:30 p.m.
那我们就定在下午6点半吧
A And where would you like to meet?
那么我们在哪儿见面呢?
B I can pick you up at the gate of your company. Also, what type of food do you like?
我可以在你的公司门口接你。还有,你喜欢吃什么菜?
A I'm not very familiar with Chinese cuisine. What can you recommend?
我对中国菜不太了解,你推荐点什么呢?
B Well, have you heard of Peking Duck? it's a local specialty.
哦,你听说过北京烤鸭吗?那是地方特产。
A Of course! Peking Duck is world-famous. I would love to try it.
当然!北京烤鸭世界闻名。我很想试试。
B OK, let's have that then.
那样的话我们就吃北京烤鸭吧。
A All right. Well, I'll see you later.
好吧,到时候见吧!
B See you later, goodbye.
到时见,再见。