A:Do you believe in UFOs?
你相信有不明飞行物吗?
B:Of course, they are out there.
当然了,它们就在那儿呢。
A:But I never saw them.
但是我从来就没有看见过啊。
B:Are you stupid? They are called UFOs, so not everybody can see them.
你笨吧你,他们叫做不明飞行物,所以不是每个人都能看到的啊。
A:You mean that you can them.
那你的意思就是说你能看见。
B:That's right. I can see them in my dreams.
对啊,我在梦中看到他们。
A:They come to the earth?
它们要到我们地球上来吗?
B:No. Their task is to send the aliens here from the outer space.
不是。它们的任务是把外星人从太空送到地球上来。
A:Aliens from the outer space? Do you talk to them? What do they look like?
从外太空来的外星人吗?那你和他们说话了吗?它们都长什么样子啊?
B:OK, OK, one by one, please! They look like robots, but they can speak. Their mission is to make friends with human beings.
好,好,打住,一个一个问好吗?他们看起来就像是机器人,但是他们会说话,他们的使命就是和我们地球人做朋友。
A:That means that you talk to them? In which language?
那就是说你们对话了?用哪种语言呢?
B:Of course in English, they learn English on Mars too.
当然是用英语,他们在火星上也学英语的。
A:Wow. Sounds fantastic!
哇噻!听起来太不可思议了。
注释:
believe vt. 相信,信任
stupid adj. 笨的
alien adj. 外国的,相异的
space n. 空间
mission n. 使命
Mars n. 火星
fantastic adj. 难以相信的
UFO= unidentified flying object 不明飞行物