A:Wow, American football is more exciting than I thought.
哇,美式足球可比我想象的刺激多了。
B:You’re in America now, my British friend. We just call it football.
我的英国朋友,你现在可是在美国,我们叫它橄榄球。
A:Oh, right. So, I can’t quite follow what’s going on…who’s winning?
哦,对了。哦,我不知道情况怎么样了,谁赢了?
B:The Giants are up by three points because of the field goal they kicked, but the Redskins have the ball and there pretty close to the end zone.
因为射门得分,巨人队领先3分。但现在是红人队控球,而且很接近底线区了。
A:Wow! What a hit!
哇,瞧这球!
B:Yeah, he tackled him so hard his helmet came off.
是呀,他拼命抢球头盔都掉了。
A:Is he ok?
他没事吧?
B:It looks like it, he’s getting up.
好像是,他站起来了。
A:I guess he hit him too hard; the referee just called a penalty on the home team.
我猜他抢的太凶,裁判判罚主队。
B:The Giants?
你是说巨人队?
A:Yeah.
是呀。
B:Well, here we go again.
哦,又继续打了。
A:What happened? Why did everyone get so quiet?
怎么回事?大家都不说话了。
B:The Redskin’s quarterback just threw a touchdown pass for seven points. We’re losing again.
红人队的四分卫触地扳回了7分,我们又输了。